How To Be A Freelance Video Editor?
Video editing is an exciting field of work and has emerged as a viable and comfortable career option, which can get you money and credibility and a financially secure life. In this the person can be part of the film industry / television, can earn a lot of money and can work together with talented artists. What more can one ask for in a career like this, an independent opportunity and also are able to choose your job and an opportunity to get away from the life of the office.
Skills Required to be a Freelance Video Editor
- An eye for detail
- Critical thinking and Time management
- Social perception
- A working knowledge of the cinema / TV industry
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Commitment towards work
- Provision to stretch at the time of the deadlines
Job Duties as a Freelance Video Editor
Video editors must perform many tasks. Depending on the plot, narrative and other factors of the film. Part of the work that a video editor implies:
- Get an approximate impression of script or footage
- Compilation of raw material and access to computers
- Crop files to sequence the movie and make a decision on what should be retained
- Creating an ‘approximate cut’ of the program and deciding the exact cuts for the last stages
- Adjust the video to ensure a logical sequence and smooth operation of the movie / video
- Become familiar with the style of specific directors
- Experimenting with styles and techniques, including the design of graphic elements
Duration: 6 months
Eligibility: 10th / 12th pass
Conclusion: Here at Morph Academy Chandigarh we provide excellent courses in video editing for all the budding artists who wish to excel in the field of editing.
For more details:
SCO-58-59, 2nd floor